• 2nd and 3rd Shifts immediately available
• Job opened until all positions are filled
Work in assigned cottage during scheduled shift to supervise and care for children in the program. Perform duties involved in daily care of the children and physical maintenance of the building. Maintain the building in a safe and clean condition. Provide guidance, life skills and support to children in a therapeutic and caring atmosphere.
• High School graduate or equivalent. College Degree preferably in human services or Education Curriculum.
• One year of paid professional experience in a residential program working with adolescent or social service agency serving children and families, or a combination of paid and volunteer experience that equals twelve months or more.
• Good oral and writing skills.
• Strong Communication skills
• Computer competency required
• Program planning and organizational skills
1. Supervise children at all times.
2. Assure that the physical needs of children are met, including need for food and clothing and safe surroundings.
3. Maintain the building in good order. Prepare and serve meals. Prepare food production reports.
4. Assure that each child will receive comfort, warmth, understanding, limits and guidance.
5. Be alert to the individual needs for children. Coordinate unit group meetings.
6. Prepare and submit required reports and logs.
7. Be a role model to residents.
8. Work within appropriate boundaries to effectively promote change within residents.
9. Provide transportation to school and to recreation and other activities. Supervise recreation activities.
10. Accompany children to doctor visits, dentist, or mental health counseling.
11. Attend and participate in staff meetings and training sessions provided by the agency.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Lead Child Care Worker or Social Services Director.
APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REVIEW THE JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR OFFICE AT 1210 CHURCH STREET, HUNTSVILLE, AL 35801